Monday, February 25, 2013

A Fresh Beginning...

I just wanted to take a moment to record my recent thoughts...

People close to me, know that I lost my father on December 3, 2012. I have been thinking a lot about him lately. Obviously my life has continued on without him.While he was often in and out of my life from childhood to adulthood, I often hoped he would always remain in my life consistently. This picture is from my art exhibition at Fisk University in 2010. This would be the only time he would see my work in person. I cried as he walked through the door. Unfortunately, that time has now passed... I will never have him back in my life in the physical sense.

My birthday is set to hit Sunday and I will not have a father to call and say happy birthday or hello. I am thankful that I do have his voice mails recorded from past messages. Thank God for iPhones! I am thankful to have the memories I do have. I am also thankful that in the midst of the rain, God always provides His Sonshine. He provides a fresh beginning...

1 comment:

Monica said...

I experienced my 40th birthday last year without my dad. It was painful. I pray the peace of the Lord will rest with you on your birthday, Laci. Praying God's will for your fresh beginning, as well.