Thursday, August 14, 2008

EuroKnow

The time is quickly ticking bye (get it, bye...) and I will be leaving Nashville in just 10 short days.
But today... I picked up my Euros!! They actually came in a day early. Can I just say... I am so glad that I waited to cash in my dollars! The dollar, as we all know, has been weak, and not traded well; so I decided to wait. It is good to know people who watch the market and I appreciate those folks around me! I got a call Tuesday morning from my buddy Coby, "Heh if you haven't done so, the dollar has been up so today is a good day as any to get your money!"

There really is no rhythm to it, but the best advice I would give; if hoping to get a few bucks (assuming the Europeans call them bucks) before you head over is to go through your bank and NOT the airport!! The airport charged $1.65/euro and my bank only a $1.53! On top of that the airport also had some additional fees of $3.00 up to the first $250.00 and then 15% of the total over $250.00. Now I don't know about you, but this made little sense to me. So I just went through my bank and was able to get more euros for my dollars!

I was excited to open the envelope at the bank, since I haven't seen the euro up close and personal. Here are some observations about my new currency that I thought are pretty cool. It looks like play money, but I am sure they say the same thing about the dollar.
It is primarily imprinted on one side and they use pictures of buildings, as opposed to dead presidents. Like the dollar, there is an invisible imprint that you can see if you hold it up to the light. It is of the building! Each bill has its own color making it very festive (in my opinion). One final observation, as the bill amount gets larger, the bill size also gets larger! Now I really like this idea, makes it easy when shopping; at least this is my hypothesis. Oh, but I just thought, the 5 is about the same size a Monopoly money, so this could be lost too! I am going to have to come up with some sort of system... At this point, I don't have any of the coins, but I will add a shot when I pick up a few.

This weekend plans to be a busy one of saying good-byes. My dinner club and I are hiking on Saturday morning, followed by brunch. This was Laresha's idea! She knows how I like to be out and active and so does she; love this!! Sunday is the luncheon Marcia has planned at Amerigo's. I am excited to see everyone. I promise to have my camera and add some additional shots soon after.

Oh, and yes, I am still packing! I pick up my U-Haul next week Friday.

1 comment:

LaShawn B said...

So...darling, where is the grand update from the weekend. Come on, you can't leave a sista hanging! Love you too much not to show some love to the page (sorry it took so long). Looks like I only missed a couple of posts, though.