Monday, August 25, 2008

Haulin Across America...

Since this is a family oriented blog, and I am a good Christian girl, I can't title this what first came to mind, especially considering the experience. But you know..

Nevertheless I got the U-Haul on Friday afternoon. Wendy was the assistantt who encouraged me that I could in fact prove everyone wrong and show women's libbers across the country I CAN DO IT! Gloria would be so proud, but do I really care about her perception, probably not. Back on track...

My friend Coby, who bought me to the place, after a wonderful lunch, his treat, which made it even more wonderful, used my phone to take shots as he laughed at me in my high heels trying to figure this whole thing out and climb into this monster! What a great friend... suspect for sure. I feel like this, Sarah Jessica isn't the only one who can rock it, so go on and do it.

I digress- As I am heading home, I am doing my best to figure out the power of this thing! A bit crazy as the furniture pads and the dolly are sloshing in the open cabin. Not to any particular rhythm mind you.

My life is a soundtrack. I use this reference because I feel as though you can have a song to describe anything that is going on in your life. Once, our dinner club had the topic, "If your life were a movie what genre would it be and who would play you?" Well, of course I said a musical! (And Cree Summer would play me.) And so how could this moment be any different?

My ipod is on shuffle and as I am coming pass Belmont on my way home towards the mall, Jill Scott is serenading me with her song, "Golden." The lyrics are too powerful, but the chorus is "Living my life like its golden." I just beam and chair dance, because that is in effect what I am moving towards. As I debate whether to stop by the bank, I decide not to press my luck and head to the house. And then it begins, the trumpets... Bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, ba bum, bum. Ba, bum, Ba, ba, bum, bum, ba, bum, bum, bum, bum. Doom, Doom. La, la, la, la, la, la, la. The theme song to Rocky!! (So now go back and reread the stanza, you know you see it!) Any good athlete has this song with their Mp3 collection. It's pure blasphemy if you do not!

And all of sudden as I set 2 lights and 1 stop sign from home; it happened. The inner Italian Stallion called out! "Girl, you got this." I beamed with pride and total jubilation. I'm thinking, I got this, I can do this! I ponder for a minute. Is this how Rocky felt running the steps in Philly? If not, I am sure is pretty close.

Getting Stronger.....Aaaaaahhhhh

2 comments:

Sa'Mon said...

God is with you!!! I am so excited for you.
Samon

Cassie said...

Laci, I am absolutely loving this blog!!! please keep it updated! I am so proud of you and think it is soooo awesome what you are doing with your life. Enjoy every minute of it!! Wish I were there!!! God Bless! -Cassie