Sunday, November 16, 2008

Italy, Turkey, and Greece, Oh My!

Ciao Raggazi!

The last few weeks have been so busy for me! If you can't tell, I am defiantly enjoying myself in Europe. As you may recall, when we last left our heroine she was on her way to a 10 day Mediterranean Cruise for the fall break. It was awesome and well deserved. I have not had a vacation since I started the principalship or graduated with my doctorate, so I am sure you will agree it was past due! My favorite spot, by far, was Myknonos. To the left I am on the beach just enjoying the sun of this beautiful island. Below are a few other fun spots: Santornini, Ephesus, Naples and on the boat!.



We also went to Kudasi, Turkey for a day. Jen and Katie were my travel partners. We even celebrated Jen's Birthday on and off the ship. Of course we kept the golden rule of Girl Scouting, "Make new friends, but keep the old ones..." We ran into a few of the crew while visiting Kudasi and they were a great help with the language barrier!! Check out the videos for yourself, it was a lot of fun and of course the pictures tell the story too!








So now what...

1. Well, I am busy shooting, processing, printing, and preparing for winter critiques.

2. I just had my first show this week!! It was awesome. I used an image from a 4am photo shoot. I'll add a picture of my picture later. Several people were there, even my language partners Nicola and Giuseppe!

Nicola Giuseppe

3. Last weekend I went to Venice. It was amazing! A photographer's dream. The light is unreal! Pictures from that are included too!

4. Finally, I am no longer calling home, unless on Skype! I knew it would be expensive to call home, and Italy doesn't send yours bill every month, but NOT over 400 Euros worth! YIKES, please feel free to send donations.

No comments: