Saturday, February 21, 2009

De Dove Laci?

So I am sure you are asking yourself... De Dove Laci? or Where is Laci? I realize I have totally fallen off the blog map and perhaps have slipped into Waldo mode, and for this I say... IT'S WITH GOOD REASON!!! My life, recently has been so amazing, I am truly thankful to the Father! Here is the reader's digest version, 'cause there is way to much going on to get the full details...
  • Most people ask, so have you bumped into Mr. Right yet? No man of any sort to write home about. But I am enjoying myself and getting to know several people and just having a good time.
  • I have a show with two other girls on FRIDAY in a local wine house. Jen does printmaking and Amanda painting. I am really excited (See postcard to the right!!) I will be showing my male nude study. They are silver gelatin prints on Fiber Based Paper, large (12x16)!
  • Speaking of photography... I am learning about alternative techniques. Using liquid emulsion to print on wood, paper, glass, and fabric, Van Dyke Brown and Chyna Type Blue.
  • I have been covering a documentary story for an animal rights group here, The league of anti-vivisection. They are going to use four of my images for their pet adoption campaign!
  • STILL trying to decide if I want to stay here or go to New York. If I stay here, I will work as a photo assistant and keep shooting of course, building my portfolio and writing for the paper. If I go to NY, there is a documentary photo program there I am interested in and this would open more connections and I would keep shooting. Regardless, I just try to remind myself to live in the moment. But honestly, at this point, I can't imagine doing anything else besides taking pictures and writing.
  • I have another article that is already out this month. An art review, believe it or not, on a photographer from the 60's Amalie R Rothschild.
  • AND last but not least, for my birthday (March 3rd), I am going to London! I have wanted to visit there since I was in the 7th grade!! And while I am there, I will be attending the TINA TURNER concert!! I wonder if she'll ask me to join in for Proud Mary; I so have the legs for it!

So, see... I have been busy with good reason!! Look for an early post in March, when I return from London, along with photos from the show, the concert and around London town.

God Bless...

No comments: