Sunday, April 19, 2009

365 Days in a Year

Almost 365 days ago I made the decision to choose the road less traveled. Well, to say that has made all the difference would almost be an understatement! In the next few posts, you will have the opportunity to peer into my mind of reflection. Folks that are close to me, know that I often refelct on previous experiences, in a manner to best prepare for the next.

Since I left my life as an educator, traveling/eating around Europe, studying art and Italian, I have discovered a new career. A good friend of mine once said, "If you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life." I feel as though I am on my way there! For several posts I shared my struggle between going to New York or coming back to work in Italy. Well, I have finally made a decison!!

In August I will be moving to New York City! I am going to continue and study documentary photography/photojournalism at the International Center of Photography. A prestigious school, known across the world, I am one of 18 countries represented! Can you "hear" my excitement or what? During my time in New York I will have the opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top names in the business, have several shows of my work, and of course blossom from the seed that has already sprouted.

The current collection of photos will feature my final days in Florence, but also some samples of my work and the Easter celebration. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: