Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year: In the Press


Happy New Year!

So begins another year of sharing my thoughts with those around me; thanks for reading.
This morning when I awoke, I realized that in 2 months EXACTLY I will be celebrating my XX birthday. As I sat on the edge of my bed, moving a little slower then usual, I began to ponder and think,”Wow! I am getting closer to the next big age milestone” and for some reason I thought I would be further along in my journey then where I am.

I thought I would be married (and never divorced)… I thought I would have at least 2 possibly 3 kids by now…  I thought I would be making art full time… I thought I would be traveling around the world… I thought a lot of things, almost to the point of a downward roll-coaster spiral of sadness. Whoa…  And then I was reminded, “… set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.” Colossians 3:2

You see, regardless of what I thought… God already has thoughts towards me and a plan for me, and from what I hear it is pretty good (Jeremiah 29:11). And so, I am not married… YET! I don’t have 2 possibly 3 kids, but I thank God for Ms. Essence Marie and while I may not be making art full time, I do still have time to do so. As for traveling around the world, it will happen, just focused on the 50 first (running a 1/2 in each along the way 3 down, 47 to go).

Regardless of your resolutions, commitments, or aspirations for 2012, I offer this… Press! Dictionary.com describes the verb (acting as an action verb in this part of speech) as, “Move or cause to move into a position of contact with something by exerting continuous physical force!”  Press toward the mark… (Philippians 3:14) toward the prize that is established for you. That’s all I needed to THINK! Personally, I am pressing in my walk, I am pressing for debt freedom. I am pressing to remain in my authentic self. I am pressing to remain healthy and fit and encourage a few folks along the way. I am pressing to celebrate in 2 months my xx birthday, regardless of what it may look like today!

Press on dear friend... Until Next time.

1 comment:

MPW said...

Ahhh Laci... As one who prepares to celebrate another milestone birthday, (you know, one of those that everyone loves and loathes all at the same time) I share every single thought you had when you woke up that morning. I just shook my head as I read your words. :-) It's challenging to pull away from those thoughts, but we must do so. I hope you have a 2012 that exceeds your expectations!