Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Vision is More than Just Pictures!


This past Sunday I had the opportunity to meet with several ladies from my Runner’s Club with one focus… VISION and the creation of vision boards! Simply, a vision board is a creative opportunity to capture your heart and mind’s desire in one area. Contrary to belief this is not a new age ideal, but rather grounded in the ultimate Foundation!

 Habakkuk 2:2, of the New Living Translation, quotes the Lord, in saying, “Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others.” What’s that… a RUNNER!  Well of course, I was totally pumped to create an image that corresponds to my heart’s desire to run the next race to my full capacity, while representing the message (you may be the only Jesus someone ever meets). To be stronger… leaner… faster!  It was also great to see what the other ladies created to best express their voice.

The next day it snowed, well it is Wisconsin in January, so no big surprise there, right? But as I was walking to work, I found myself behind a Bob Cat mini snow plow that was clearing the walk way. It made me think back to my vision board, which is kindly displayed where I can see it as I exit my apartment each day, and the mental picture that comes to play. I thought to myself, “Wow, this is awesome; he is going to pave my whole way to work! I love it!” Well, little did I know he would be turning around shortly, still leaving a few blocks of my path to proceed down—covered in snow.

So here is my personal revelation that clicked as I was walking in… The vision (in this case getting to work) was still there, the line of sight (my building) still there. However, in this case it was just covered a bit and a little more effort needed to accomplish the goal (getting there on time!). (Side Note: I really wish someone would create snow boots that are safe, warm and fashionable!) And while my vision board is displayed nicely, where I can see it each day, capturing my heart and mind’s desire, featuring words and phrases to keep me pumped…  I still have to put the work in (running, cross training, etc.) and the effort (abs are made in the kitchen after all) to reach it! Remain focused and get it done!

No comments: