Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!



Happy Groundhog’s Day!!

Well, as the old adage goes, if he see’s his shadow, we are in store for 6 more weeks of winter. And from what I see (on the news that is)--   Punxsutawney Phil did see his shadow! Lucky for us he has only been right 39% of the time over the last 99 years and he is in Philadelphia. Needless to say, we didn’t even have a ceremony here in Milwaukee, too many clouds. Hummm, just can’t risk a big snow storm!

But today I started thinking, wow February is filled with so many celebrations of sort, from it being Black History Month. Which started as Black History Week in 1926 by Carter G. Woodson, to help people realize and acknowledge the contribution of Black people. (SN I wonder if my blog or I guess a diary at this time would of made the cut?) 

Two past president’s birthdays, coupled together with president’s day! I think we should send President Obama a card, wishing him Happy President's Day. Although, the White House now prefers email. And to all my Republican friends, please be nice...WWJD?

Valentine’s Day, an opportunity to spend with Someone Special… and no longer thought of as a day of remembrance for Christian martyrdom (mental note). 

Mardi Gras, celebrated around the world, which I have never participated in, but would like to at least see once in  my lifetime, followed by Ash Wednesday which is the first day of lent and the “ashes” a sign of morning and REPENTANCE to God, notice it comes after Mardi Gras.

And finally, 2012 is also a Leap Year!!

WHOA… All I am saying is, I sure hope I get a piece of cake somewhere along the way out of all of this. Oh, and I would prefer it be chocolate!

No comments: