Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day!

Happy President's Day!! 


Well, I am going to get right to the point! Last week Wednesday, guess who went to see the president speak... and, wait for it.... SHOOK HIS HAND!? That's right, this girl-- right here! Regardless of your political affiliation, to meet President Obama and be that close to him, was quite the experience, I was literally so close, well, as much as you can be to a President! In addition, the entire orchestration of the visit was like a symphony-- including a dance of Swan Lake proportion by the President's press crew!  I am thankful for the opportunity and may I also add-- I love my job,  because that is where my ticket connection came from! Here I am to the left with 3 of my coworkers and the young lady in the lower right, yielded the invitation. 


So, the lady to left of me, in the red, took the photos of me shaking the president's hand. I will add that she is not a photographer, but rather a curator, which will be understood as SOON as you read on! POTUS (President of the United States) descriptions are there to help.


POTUS coming down the line

Getting his Attention-- trying to

We just connected!!

Now as I mentioned, my co-worker is not a photographer, so I am actually off the frame. lol but I assure you it happened! Of course afterward I kept saying, I should of had you take a video!! But that means you would of really seen me, "cut the monkey!" Nevertheless a picture says a thousand words, correct? And I am a photographer, so enjoy and Happy President's Day!













(c)2012 laci coppins, photographer
(c)2012 laci coppins, photographer

1 comment:

Nick and Lisa said...

Awe! Such a cute post. And you're right, it would be an honor regardless of political affils