Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine’s Day Family,

Beyond candy hearts , long steam roses, and dollied lace cards are the true heartfelt sentiments of love. And why it may fluctuate with experiences, I do not think it ever totally dissipates from the people you are closest to.
 
And so I am thankful for my mom, who I have exchanged a Valentine with every year since before I can remember… I think I may still have one she gave me when I was about 9 that played music! As  my grandmother use to tell me, “there is no friend like mother.”

I am also thankful for my friends. Who when laughter rings out are they are there to join in the fun and when tears fall hold your hand, while offering words of encouragement  and always celebrate you with pom pons in hand. These are my true Valentine’s this year. Not the sentimental love story some would hope, but the authentic nature, “of iron sharpening iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” (Proverbs 27:17)

However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship. -La Rochefoucauld

xoxo

1 comment:

MPW said...

I hope you had a sweet Valentine's Day Laci!