Friday, May 16, 2008

First Things First...




Ciao Salve!

Well, this is my blog. A collection of thoughts and ideas, of expressions and sentiments and a few pictures along the way. I will apologize in advance for the spelling errors, comma splices, run-on sentences etc, etc, but I will do my best to double check before publishing. I think everyone who knows me, knows I can't spell very well! And my dissertation adviser would testify on the rest.


So I thought I would use this first post to answer a few questions that continue to come up...
oh, and the picture is not Italy, is actually NYC, Central Park to be exact, one of my favorite places and YES I did take this shot.

1. Do you know the language? No (which is also Italian for No, so can I say Si? I am steadily learning and driving the people around me crazy speaking in my broken dialect).

2. Do you have family there or know someone there? No (But, have you talked to me before? I know, know strangers! I am like my grandfathers in that regard, I would probably talk to a light post!)
3. Have you been there before? No, that is why this is such an adventure...
4. Do you have a job there? I'll get back to you on that one...
5. When are you leaving? and how long are you staying? I am heading over at the end of September. I plan to stay about 4-6months, but you never know...
6. Why Italy? Well, this is a very complex question. But the quick and short of it... I believe I am to be there. This is the easiest way to explain it. I know I also have so many other interests I want to explore and now that the Doctorate is done, why not. I am expecting great things!
I think this concludes the primary questions I have been asked. My next steps include:
1. Packing my office, since I have resigned from my job at the beginning of this month.
2. Selling like a mad woman on Craig's List! If you need it, I got it!
3. Finalizing jobs and visa stuff (I just realized this is sort of turning into a check list, shhhh, don't tell my mother!)
4. Packing my apt in prep to move. What am I going to do with all those shoes!?!?! YIKES!
Anti Presto (until next time)
Laci

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laci, I received your Thank You card today. I was glad I was able to help...it was just a little something. Enjoy Italy and stay in touch.

Love,
Uncle Jeff