Tuesday, June 10, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!

Everyone! I had the drawing class tonight and can I just say, WAY BETTER experience. I am more so in my element. We are going to be working in multiple media from pencil depth to charcoal. I have a few additional supplies to pick-up, I wonder if Claudia can make some recommendations? (She is my art teacher at the school where I am principal for the next 20 days.)

So here are the two exercises (focusing on the line) that we did today...

Drawing your hand, without looking at the paper. Yeah, I know makes, no sense, but really it did. The purpose was to get us to sssslllooowww down and look for detail.

The second activity was drawing a shoe, without lifting the pencil, one continuous line!! I selected a roller skate, rather then the heels I had on. Those of you who know me well, know that I was not puttin' my feet on that NASTY floor! But that roller skate was probably just as scary but I loved how it looked with its rusted metal wheels. I am sure I will pull this again. (mental note, add gloves to supply list!)

Both pieces turned out, um... what's the word, "interesting."

We are also drawing standing up, with our easel at a 90 degree angle. Why? It has to deal with perspective and view... It will also help us as we go from the item to focus of our page. And yes, I will be leaving the heels at home, the concrete floor is unforgiving! Now pray for me, because we are supposed to create a self-portrait for the last assignment. In the past, portraits have not been a strong suit for me! They always come out looking like "Pat." (you know from the Saturday Night Live Days back in the 90s.) Lost in the androgynous zone...

Here's a thought I had. I find it funny that both of these classes, CAD and Drawing are starting at the same place. "The foundation of the line."

No comments: