Monday, June 9, 2008

YIKES!

Well Family, I had my first CAD class today at Watkins. As a reminder, CAD is short for Computer Aided Drafting. Now, I recall taking a drafting class in both MS and HS. I thought to myself, I am computer savvy, I can handle this. HA!! Little did I know. I sat there the first hour like the deer waiting to be hit by the bus, the second hour the teacher finally took pity on me and pulled up a chair. On our way to the third hour, I finally started to feel a sense of success. Well, at least I was able to build a chair, couch, and the starts of a pretty snazzy garage. So don't you think that is success... Just don't ask me to put them together as one house...

I can't be too hard on myself, in the end it is definitely easier then the T-squares of the past. Wish me luck for my second art class tomorrow. I am taking Drawing and hope to have more success. And yes, at least today, I plan to go back to the CAD class again. (Insert eye roll here.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you Laci. You are definitely a gifted writer! Do I see a travel book in your future?
If you haven't already read EAT PRAY LOVE, you should. Elizabeth Gilbert has a very similar writing style to yours and is on a similar journey!