Monday, September 8, 2008

Swim Fins...

Ciao Familia...

This is a very quick post as we are on a break. But I have a special request... can someone please send me a pair of swim fins. You know the floaty things you would wear as a kid when you were learning to swim. I might need them this semester!

Today has been the first day of class. I have been listening and doing since 9:00 this morning and still don't get out of class until 7:30. Needless to say, my brain is on overload! I am exhausted and enthralled at the same time. 

Here is the crazy thing... Today I had Drawing Foundations. Well, several people know I took drawing this summer and loved it! But, I only worked in still life, nature, and from photographs. Today, was the first time, I had to work with a nude model. *insert* red face! I have never worked with a nude model before. Fortunately it was a woman, but still. I was like, please someone, anyone, give her back her robe. At least she was thin and had a nice physique (oohhh!) Nevertheless, it is hard try to draw the most intimate parts of a person, without feeling a little, I don't know.. FREAKED!! Did I just throw up in my mouth a bit? I hate to think of the other models we will meet. Apparently, this whole class... the WHOLE CLASS (yes I'm yelling) is filled with naked people each time. FREAKED!

On top of this, it is going to be a lot of work... much more then I realized just looking at the syllabus, but I know the first day of school is often overwhelming. Plus I STILL don't have all of my art supplies, so this is undue stress.  At least tomorrow I only have Italian, so I can process through the rest then. Again, feel free to send the swim fins, not they will really help, but maybe some Krispy Kreme Donuts will...

Random Thought: There aren't any Starbucks here. I know, big surprise. Here is my assumption, they would be laughed out of the country!  I tried a REAL Cafe Maccichoto (sp) today, WOW! STRONG, to say the least...

What I don't want to be when I grow up.... 
please add, nude model!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Coppins-your friends and admirers from Hunters Bend are watching and quite envious. It sounds so fun and exicting. I know you can swim and don't need the floaties. Keep on painting. We are really enjoying your blog and wish you the best.